Tuesday, October 21, 2014

My brain wants to play wii

Sasha is 4 years old.

========
Sasha: "Mommy, what is mind."
Mommy: "It's the brain in your head. It tells you what to think, feel, and do. It controls everything. Say you want to lift your hand -- it's the brain the tells it to lift."
Sasha: "Ahh.... My brain wants to play wii."


========
I was shooting a video on a caramelized pear ginger tart. Not wanting to be left home alone with it, I drove it to Sasha's school hoping the teachers and the kids would eat it.

When I went back at night to pick Sasha up, the first thing he said was, "Mommy, thank you for the tart. I loved it. I ate it and the teachers ate it. The other kids didn't eat it. They thought it was disgusting. Will you make another one like that?"

I don't know what was more moving -- the fact that he remembered to thank me for the tart, or the fact that he was still willing to eat my food even though his friends thought it was disgusting.

This kid melts my heart sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment